Language Acquisition and Resource Center (LARC)
What’s the LARC about?
- The LARC is about …providing a multitude of resources (including tutoring) to help you succeed as a language student.
- The LARC is about …connecting with other language learners to form a community of learning and support.
- The LARC is about …intercultural communication, providing a view of the globe through a window at GSU.
- The LARC is ALL about language learning and the students who are motivated to learn international languages.
The Language Acquisition Resource Center (LARC) at Georgia State University has been the language student support center for more than 20 years. Our entire mission is to provide a broad range of resources and support services to assist students in their language goals, whether they are formal studies or personal enrichment.
- Walk-in tutoring in French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and Arabic.
- Online tutoring by appointment during the evenings and weekends in Spanish and French.
- An extensive International movie collection
- Access to specialized language-learning auxiliary software, including
- Audio recording and editing software for practicing and recording your language proficiency
Need assistance with American Sign Language: Resources available in the LARC include
- American Sign Language Visual Resources (ASLVR) Lab is located in Room 368 of the College of Education. Contact Judith Emerson email@example.com for more information.