As the language student support center at Georgia State, our mission is to provide resources and support services to help students achieve their language goals in formal studies and personal enrichment. Our focus on intercultural communication provides a unique perspective on the world. At CIRCLE, we strive to motivate students to learn international languages and offer a variety of resources to aid in their success, including tutoring in person and online in seven languages. The CIRCLE facility is available for use by all students enrolled in a class offered by the Department of World Languages & Cultures. All Georgia State University students, faculty and staff interested in world-language learning are also welcome to use the CIRCLE with approval by the CIRCLE Director.
Available CIRCLE Services
- Walk-in tutoring and online tutoring in multiple languages (French, German, Spanish, Chinese, Japanese, Korean)
- Equipment for students is available for checkout
- An extensive collection of international movies
- Spanish book collection
- Cultural activities and special events
- Boomalang (French, German and Spanish)
We encourage all language students to consider the CIRCLE to be their language learning space and enjoy hosting study groups, language clubs, and special interest groups in the CIRCLE facility. The staff of the CIRCLE are happy to assist you in getting the most out of your language-learning experience.